Monday, November 22, 2010

Cupcakes and Lingerie

Year of the Slut was recently accepted to the Frigid Festival in New York City February 2011.  As a the writer and star of the show I am thrilled for the opportunity...As the producer I am exhausted merely thinking about how much work needs to be done and how much funds need to be raised if I ever expect to get there.  (yeah, one woman show, like literally)

Before I get to New York, I am scheduling performances in LA, my current city, to get ready for the Big Apple.  I am shell shocked with the massive heaps of work I should already be doing - the boring minutia of raising funds, booking a venue in LA, finding a director, finishing rewriting the script so I can go on to memorizing the new lines...raising funds, blah, blah, blah (I know it's SO SUPER exciting!  Show Biz is all glamour and pampering!).  Today I took a personal day.

My sexy man (let's call him Hot Stuff) could sense all the pressure getting to me...so he took the afternoon and he whisked me away to Beverly Hills and bought me Sprinkles cupcakes (orgasm in a box) and some sexy Victoria's Secret lingerie (btw, the one on Beverly Dr. is a total dump, "The one in the mall in Albany is nicer" according to Hot Stuff).  After being treated to some treats we went back to my place and had a very productive afternoon...did I mention building my vocal stamina is also on the "to do" list for the show?