Friday, November 26, 2010

Good Thing I have SUPERPOWERS

Well...I don't really have superpowers but convincing myself that I do is key to not letting the sheer fear of disaster get to me.  A few months ago when I submitted to this festival in NY I thought it was a GREAT IDEA.  Now, less than 3 months away from the NY show, and about 6 weeks away from the LA show (which isn't booked yet, and we, no not we - ME! are still minus a venue and a director and maybe the funds would be better put to use towards a trip to Mexico, I could really use a vacation...)

Déjà Vu .  This all seems too familiar, I remember this feeling.  This  feeling that my GREAT IDEA is in fact a really really bad one in which I'm going to utterly humiliate myself...like the time when I was nine and I had just learned a full-twisting-back-flip and insisted to my gymnastics coach I had to put it in my floor routine at next week's competition.  Although my coach didn't think I was ready for it, there was no arguing with me.  The competition came, I landed the twist beautifully and was so shocked I did it I forgot the rest of my routine, stared at the judges blankly and ran off the floor crying...

I really hope this doesn't end up like that...but it won't because I have SUPERPOWERS!  Right?