Friday, February 11, 2011

La Vie Boheme

Of course I got sick the day before I flew to NY.  I was terrified about coming back here to begin with - my life in LA is so comfortable, nice weather, my own lovely apartment, a car and did I mention the weather - being sick on top of the harshness of the city really put me into a panic...could I handle being back in NY?  Maybe I'm not as tough as I used to be?

The fever and DayQuil induced delusions were no help...but then I had lunch with my old roommate, reminisced about when hookers tried to recruit us by the Port Authority,  crashing Broadway shows at intermission when we couldn't afford the tickets, recounted several of our flings, crazy boys, peeing our pants, peeing in Madison Square Park, and her old roommate getting peed on in her sleep by a one night stand...I soon remembered why this is indeed my favorite city in the world... and that possibility lies around every corner.

Today began with a meeting at the THE VILLAGE VOICE, aka the bible...the go to guide for what's going on in this crazy town.  Thanks to my supporters I raised enough cash to purchase an ad in this publication, I can't tell you how excited I am to see an ad for MY SHOW in this mag...I have been dreaming of this day for a long time...way too cool.

The fever broke, the sun came out, and hoping on the train rushing around lower Manhattan felt routine again as if I had never left.  Now all I need is some Zen Palate, a day at the METT, a frozen peanut butter hot chocolate and I'm right back on track....