Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Naked Day

I am back home in Canada gearing up to head to NY for the Frigid Festival next week.   My kickstarter fundraiser was a success (YAY! and thank you to all my supporters).  I still have much work ahead of me, but a mini celebration was in order for hitting my fundraising target. 

It is -15 degrees where I am which is quite a shock to the system considering this is the first winter I've been home in 3 years.  There are blizzard and thunder snow warnings and the city is gearing up for one of the worst storms in 18 years...

So what better way to spend the day? Naked...at an all woman's day spa with salt baths, green tea hot pools, saunas and naked women strewn about chatting and laughing.  It's interesting how everyone was hanging out, ordering drinks, reading books on lounge chairs, dunking in one pool to the next completely naked as if it's totally normal.  It felt like a scene out of Caligula.  That is definitely something I need to work on, being more comfortable lounging around naked in public....

I must admit though a few hours there felt like a week's vacation!