Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Drunk in the Cargo Van

Drunk in the Cargo Van
Laid flat, on my back,
In the back, behind a shack,
Experiencing a severe lack in judgement...
Sitting, waiting, anticipating,
Almost hating what's to come.
Dirty pleasure makes love ugly
And sin snuggly against my skin...
A sudden stop, my heart drops
My nipples pop erect
Cold sweat, wet lips, juice drips between my legs...
My loneliness begs for attention.
Beyond my body, a tortured soul
Losing control, desperately clinging
In my mind singing.

Drunk in the Cargo Van marked the beginning for me...I had been writing poetry since Jr. High but this piece was a major turning point in my writing...and I guess in myself...it was the beginning of my "Year of the Slut"- it was the first dirty/sexy piece of writing that spilled out of me.  And 6 re-writes later, no matter how badly I want to fit it in my show, it just doesn't work...

Oh well, off to find a wedding dress.