Monday, December 20, 2010

Faking It

Well, this month I've had to go shoppinng for a fake engagement ring and a fake wedding dress for roles...I think it might be more fun than searching for the real ones because there is no pressure...I have enough trouble packing for an over night, let alone choosing something that I'm supposed to wear until I die.  And the dress, why is it women spend the most amount of money on the only dress we can only possibly wear once?  It's a good thing the holiday mad shopping rush is here so I didn't have time to get sentimental in my search...

I often joke about how there are so many variables in an actress' life, the one thing she can always count on are her "fake boyfriends" - the guy who played opposite you in the shoot that just wrapped, the guy playing your husband in scene study class or your love interest for the show you're in rehearsals for...I guess that's one of the setbacks of this solo show...I play all my fake boyfriends, and you know what...it's kinda hard faking it by myself.